I was tagged by the lovely Mayuri over at ‘The Crazy List’ for this award, so I am very happy to carry it on and answer these question and then I shall forward it on 🙂
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists on the Internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
So Without further a do, lets got on with it!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site.
2. Display an image of the award and write a post about your nomination on your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions your nominee has asked in their blog post.
4. Nominate 5-10 other deserving new bloggers for the award and ask them 10 questions of your choice.
5. List the rules of the award in your blog post.
Alrighty lets get onto the questions –
Tell us about your blog
I have dabbled with blogging for a number of years now, with one thing or another, different names, themes and in the end it all became a bit of a mess, so I tok about a year off and now I am back with renemed enthuisam and happy to be back writing about my love for books and all things bookish and once again becoming a part of the book blogging community.
I came up with the name ‘The Hungry Bookworm’ after remembering the Hungry Caterpillar book!
I write reviews and anything book related really, you will find most genres on there, I am not a one for chick lits, so they will not be appearing, but all others will be, both fiction and non fiction.
My tag line is ‘A blog without limits’ and that is exactly how I intend it to be .
I also run blog tours and monthly challenges or events, I have a special tab in my header that details it all out, I just try to make it more interesting that straight reviews all the time 🙂
What has been the most rewarding experience your blog has brought you?
It actually brings peace to my mind, as I have vented out my opinions and thoughts about books, saves me talking to myself all the time!
Also I have met some lovely people through blogging and hope to meet more 🙂
What is the best piece of advice you can give your readers?
Depends on the questions they ask!
but with regards to reading, read what you want and don’t be influenced or forced to feel you have to read popular books, enjoy your books for YOU. Also feel free to speak out and say that you did not like a book, even if it is massively popular, read because you want to, not because you feel you have to 🙂
What is your favourite travel destination and why?
I do not have a favourite, as I need to travel alot more to find out, but I do like Norway and The Netherlands.
If someone were visiting your city or town, what would you suggest they do?
Come to my house for a cuppa! I do not live in a very exciting place, so I suggest to take them to some places around me, there are castles and gardens and beautiful countryside.
What makes you deliriously happy?
Is it sad that I cannot remember a time I experienced this?
There are things that make me happy , but deliriously so?
I love my daughter to bits and having her in my life makes me content, having the close love and relationship with my mum makes me happy, I would not be where I am today without her.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Spending way too much money on books and beauty.
What is a difficult obstacle you have had to overcome?
I could answer this question with life is itself an obstacle, but life is what you make of it, and I have tried to make it, that I do not come across these, but they come around from time to time, so I just deal with them and move on, its the best policy, just don’t dwell on the bad, BE POSITIVE!
What are you most grateful in your life?
My mother and daughter.
The love of God and his Angels, a roof over my head and food to eat and love.
My health ( I am not entirely healthy due to some medical conditions) but I am grateful for my continuing grace.
I am grateful for being given an opportunity to be alive and enjoy the things that I am able to, you know, it really is all the simple things ….
I hope you liked my answers, they were most heartfelt 🙂
I quite like these questions, so will ask them, but with a few changes,
My nominees are –
- Jessica at https://jessicalovestoread.com/
- Annette at shesareader.com
- Sheila over at The Quiet Jordie
I don’t know of anyone else who wants to do this, so, I know- bit of a loser here……sigh
Anyhoo, here for the two that I have listed, here are your questions –
- Tell us about your blog and why you decided to write it
- What advice would you give people thinking about starting up thier own blog?
- Tell us more about yourself
- If you could have a dinner date with any author ( living or dead) who would it be and why?
- Dream Holiday Destination?
- what is your favourite medium for reading, ie, hardbacks, paperback,s Kindle, audio or a mixture etc, expand on this
- Choose one, £1,000 cash or £1,000 in Book Vouchers, elaborate
- When you are not reading / writing your blog, what are your hobbies?
- Which Season do you prefer? and explain your reasoning
- Is there someone you look up to? I could be in your personal life, your blogging life, an Actor anyone, tell us more.
I look forward to reading your answers!
Thank you for being here to read and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon !